33. Unloud

click on image to enlarge

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Started filming....ideas:

to always film from left to right......the camera as static object....to stop my accumulated errors......get to know my resources better and make sure about them (my bag will arrive soon!!).....the idea of directing myself not others or subjects or light or places or spaces........perhaps light is very important on solovki as a material, metaphorical and as a symbolic thing in itself....so at first I will try to direct myself and light......it is of course not possible to represent everything only a margin of indefiniteness, little things or marginal things ...............well... not only trying to form new relationships but a new form of re-articulating and re-adjusting to things......in russia they say everything is possible....so I have to explore what is possible.

Repetition is still very important to the process, to help play and test what I can articulate.....some things I just keep looking at and filming again or taking photos of again...not sure why?....yet?


Sound................?
Colour...............?

Until my bag arrives I can't put images on the blog....the idea was to have lots of images and a little text....so.....?


Perhaps the brown bear that arrived, by ice, is still on one of the islands but nobody is really sure.....do not stray to far from the road?

Tonight I want to film in the forests at night....to record the sound of the trees at night and the sound of the frozen air...last night there was no moon but 10000000000000 of stars.

onwards