33. Unloud

click on image to enlarge

Monday, June 19, 2006









Or perhaps it was something like: uncontrollable unbearable super charged electricity.

I think it was early evening perhaps mid December or no, late march……….ah it doesn’t matter about that, but listen about the time in winter when it never really gets light, early evening, dark, cold, snow, ice, small sounds but very very still. At least remember its nothing like summer.

I was constantly shrinking away from the streetlights outside the window and had turned down the room light it was then that I screamed out loud, really loud. There was no answer, nothing in fact…..nothing could draw me away from that moment inside “it just rose up”. This was not audible but it was there it “just rose up”. The door in the wall opened towards me, my door, well that’s what I thought as well. It happened just like that, the light suddenly speeded up outside my window. Even the dogs seemed to be going faster or sounding faster, some even passed by my window. The sky was floating. She just blew in from the pitch dark of the corridor where all the lights had gone quiet. She tiptoed in and stood on one leg balancing herself on her other toe. She quivered. She put her hands over her eyes and let out a little shriek then looked at the glimmer or sparkle that came out of the light in the room. She leaned on the doorframe and everything seemed to flutter around her in a draught.

I shivered.

“Helloooo…..can’t you talk or something”

........hiss

“Who are you?”

“ I don’t know”

.........hissss

“Are you looking for me? are you sure you have got the right flat? I am on the 1st floor do you want me to
show you downstairs?”

“Hush hush please”

.............hiss

“What……can anybody else hear you?……….what?”

“Oh just be easy in your mind”………”you cold?”…..”should I shut the door?”

...............pop-hissss

“No, please, I mean yes……….just come in and close the door”

She had very pink cheeks but strong and delicate skin with lots of tiny scars. She touched the walls feeling the wallpaper and smiled, touched the rug on the floor and ran her hands all the way around the edge of the table.


“Don’t worry I know everybody in the building”

..............crackle-hiss-crackle


“ They are all home from work and play, I know the dogs, cats, all the wood in here and even the man nobody knows”

................sssssssss




“ Look, let me close the door”

“If you want, nobody minds……are you worried? Why?…..what is the matter?…your not the only person who knows how to shut a door you know. Anyway I have already shut it”

..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzst

“I am not sure………. you are very young?”

“ Then its ok then, don’t you think I don’t know you?…….stop shivering and be comfortable….do you know me so little?”

............sshhh


“You’re a child…………………”

“I’m only a child…..and stop being so proper…you don’t have to tell me this or that or what or how…….be calm in your head.”

...............crackle-hiss




Well…….then there was this, I ‘m not sure about the words it doesn’t matter.


“ We needn’t worry about that. I just wanted to say: my knowing you so well isn’t much protection to me, it only relieves you of the effort of keeping up pretences before me. And yet you’re paying me a compliment. Stop it I beg you, do stop it. Anyhow, I don’t know you everywhere and all the time, least of all in this darkness. It would be much better if you were to light up. No, perhaps not. At any rate I’ll keep it in mind that you have been threatening me.”

.....izz-crackle-pop


“What!!!!!……threatening you……never………Look I am pleased you have come at last and I say “at last” but its already rather late…why so late?……………but please no quarreling…….you could hurt me I know”

She was born on a friday and brought up on a farm so could still remember that light, light flash…..She saw that when she was about 4 or 5, about the age she is now, she just thought it was what was normal……I just saw it.


“Listen nobody could come closer to you than I am already………by nature I am close to you. You know that, so why all this seriousness. But if its only for fun I’ll go straight away”

................full electrical static hiss

“What……..are you telling me what to do? Its my room, its my wall you ran your hands over and I don’t know any of this”

“Do you know how I’ll be later on?”

..................electric hissss

“I don’t know anything”

“ So, you are now going out are you?”

...................static

“What can I do?…..how are you?……..and what is this?”

“I am more dubious about who I am than you are……………”………..hiss.


The lights stayed the same.